- 19/12/2016 Hoare Lea Bristol moves to new office
We're pleased to announce that our Bristol office has now relocated to new premises.
- 23/11/2016 Hoare Lea – working with Building Plymouth to deliver digital construction for the future
Hoare Lea’s Plymouth office is working with Plymouth Council, to find innovative new ways to drive engagement between education and industry.
- 28/10/2016 The University of Oxford’s Carbon Innovation Programme
The University of Oxford launched the 2016/17 Carbon Innovation Programme at an event on 18 October 2016. Hoare Lea is acting as a mentor to the innovators in the programme.
- 17/10/2016 Hoare Lea Lighting - Alphabeta, Triton Court, London
As well as paying close attention to the building's historic façade and architectural identity, Hoare Lea Lighting's scheme is engaging and delights the occupants of London's Alphabeta workspace, highlighting a new way of thinking for large-scale office projects.
- 03/10/2016 Hoare Lea wins recognition for stunning visualisation of The Bank of England
Hoare Lea’s CGI team wins recognition for a stunning photo-realistic CGI and Virtual Reality (VR) visual representation of the original Bank of England.
- 03/10/2016 Construction Excellence Wales awards 2016 – Value Award 2016 Winner
Hoare Lea is delighted to have seen one of the projects it recently worked on, the Cyfarthfa Retail Park redevelopment in Merthyr Tydfil, win the Value Award at this year’s Construction Excellence Wales awards.
- 03/10/2016 Construction Excellence Wales awards 2016 – Sustainability Award 2016 Winner
Hoare Lea is delighted to have seen one of the projects it recently worked on, the B&Q Eco Learning Store in Merthyr Tydfil, win the Sustainability Award at this year’s Construction Excellence Wales awards.
- 03/10/2016 Hoare Lea Project Wins New London Award
Hoare Lea are delighted to have one of their recently completed London projects, the German Gymnasium, win at this year’s New London Awards, held on July 7th 2016.
- 03/10/2016 Hoare Lea wins award for Bournemouth University project
Hoare Lea is delighted to have been part of the team that recently won the Project award at the Institute of Civil Engineering (ICA) South East England Engineering Excellence awards.
- 16/09/2016 Innovation File 2016
We are pleased to announce the launch of the Hoare Lea Innovation File 2016. This has been created to showcase some of the fantastic projects we have been working on and explore the innovative solutions they have inspired.
- 18/08/2016 Hazza Bin Zayed stadium awarded Two Pearl construction rating
We are delighted to announce that Hazza Bin Zayed stadium has been awarded an Estidama Two Pearl construction rating.
- 25/07/2016 Latest Corporate Responsibility brochure available now
We’re pleased to announce the launch of our latest Corporate Responsibility (CR) Brochure.
- 01/05/2016 Hoare Lea appoints new Partner
We are pleased to announce that Matthew Chambers has been appointed as a Partner of the firm.
- 24/02/2016 Every breath we take
With UK air pollution now linked to 40,000 early deaths a year, design of our built environment is now more important than ever.
- 15/01/2016 Making Thunder
We may have helped to refurbish Bristol's famous Old Vic theatre, but they still do some things the good-old fashioned way.
- 22/12/2015 Graduate and Placement recruitment campaign 2016
Our Graduate and Placement campaign for 2016 is well under way. Building on from last year, we have been busy creating new videos, organising events and thinking of engaging ways to connect with university students.
- 14/10/2015 Hoare Lea makes top consultants list
We are delighted to announce that Hoare Lea has made it to number 23 of the Building.co.uk list of the 150 Top Consultancies in the UK.
- 02/10/2015 The new Alder Hey children’s hospital opens
Alder Hey in the Park officially opens today (02 October), commencing their five day move into their new facilities.
- 28/09/2015 A grand opening for Birmingham’s new Grand Central retail centre
Last week saw the opening of the Grand Central retail centre; part of the Birmingham New Street station renovation.
- 28/07/2015 Winner of the Hoare Lea/AJ student bursary revealed
Joanne Preston, a Part 2 student of architecture at The Bartlett, has been announced as the winner of our £2,000 bursary in conjunction with the Architects' Journal.
- 01/05/2015 Hoare Lea appoints new partners
We are pleased to announce that six of our Associates have joined the Partnership, with effect from 01 May 2015.
- 02/04/2015 Hoare Lea joins National Gallery corporate contributors’ programme
We’re excited to announce that Hoare Lea has recently joined the corporate contributors programme at the National Gallery, which is both critically acclaimed and also the fourth most visited museum in the world.
- 16/01/2015 Proud sponsors of AJ Women in Architecture
We’re delighted to announce our continuing support of the Architects’ Journal’s (AJ) Women in Architecture Initiative, having recently agreed to sponsor the Women in Architecture Awards, which is being headlined by Phyllis Lambert and Sheila O’Donnell next month.
- 10/11/2014 Nick Cullen Presents at CIBSE Leadership in Building Performance Conference
Last month, Nick Cullen, our Partner in charge of R&D, spoke at the 2014 CIBSE Conference and Exhibition, which took place at the QEII Conference Centre on 28 - 29 October.
- 15/10/2014 Latest Corporate Responsibility Brochure Now Available
We’re pleased to announce the launch of our latest Corporate Responsibility (CR) Brochure.
- 01/08/2014 Launch of Good Practice Planning Guide for Sustainable Buildings
We are pleased to announce the publication of the Good Practice Planning Guide for Sustainable Buildings, which Hoare Lea co-authored for the Welsh Government.
- 26/06/2014 Hoare Lea Appoints New Partners
We are pleased to announce that four of our Associates have accepted an invitation to join the Partnership with effect from 1st May 2014.
- 03/12/2013 Hoare Lea Contributes to BIFM Energy Audit Good Practice Guide
Hoare Lea has contributed to the British Institute of Facilities Management’s (BIFM) latest Good Practice Guide, which covers Energy Audits.
- 11/11/2013 Hoare Lea to Host CIBSE Homes for the Future Event
In his capacity as Chair of the CIBSE Homes for the Future Group, Ashley Bateson, Partner, Hoare Lea Sustainability, will be hosting a debate on how community heating can deliver low carbon homes.
- 01/11/2013 Nick Cullen Appointed to BRAC for a Further Three Year Term
Nick Cullen, Hoare Lea Research and Development Partner, has recently been appointed to the Building Regulations Advisory Committee (BRAC) for a third three year term.
- 21/10/2013 Hoare Lea Forms Strategic Alliance in Spain
We are pleased to announce that Hoare Lea has agreed a strategic alliance with a Spanish-based engineering firm, FSL Ingenieria y Diseño Sostenible (Engineering and Sustainable Design).
- 21/10/2013 Hoare Lea Joins Private Rented Sector Steering Group
Hoare Lea has been invited to join the Urban Land Institute’s (ULI) government-led residential Private Rented Sector (PRS) Steering Group to contribute to the Engineering and Sustainability chapters of the Design Guide to PRS (the equivalent to the BCO for this sector).
- 23/09/2013 Rachael Nicholls invited to speak at PLDC in Copenhagen
Rachael Nicholls, Lighting Designer in Hoare Lea’s London office, has been invited to speak at the Professional Lighting Design Convention (PLDC), to be held in Copenhagen.
- 09/09/2013 Hazza Bin Zayed Stadium to open in December 2013
Located in Al Ain in the United Arab Emirates, the new Hazza Bin Zayed Stadium represents one of the most modern, state-of-the art stadia in the Middle East.
- 01/08/2013 Llewellyn House Achieves Highest Post-Construction Score in UK for BREEAM 2011
We’re pleased to announce that Llewellyn House at Port Talbot’s Harbourside Technology Campus has achieved a BREEAM 2011 score of 80.49% - the highest score for a BREEAM New Construction 2011 assessment in the UK.
- 05/07/2013 NLA’s On Location Tour Visits Western Transit Shed
New London Architecture’s (NLA) recent ‘on location’ tour of King’s Cross made a stop at Hoare Lea’s London office at the Western Transit Shed last Friday
- 29/05/2013 New Corporate Responsibility Report Now Available
We are pleased to announce the publication of our second annual corporate responsibility report, which serves to underline our commitment to working in an ethical and sustainable way.
- 13/05/2013 Hoare Lea’s Managing Partner Presents Richard Rogers with AJ100 Award
Hoare Lea’s Managing Partner, Gary Tucker, presented Richard Rogers of Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners with the Contribution to the Industry Award at the AJ100 2013 awards dinner on 8 May.
- 28/02/2013 Hoare Lea wins DECC Carbon Capture and Storage Innovation competition
Working as part of a consortium, Hoare Lea has won a research project grant to assist with the investigation of the performance of a unique scalable carbon capture and storage (CCS) system.
- 28/01/2013 Hoare Lea Presents at AJ Schools Event
Hoare Lea was recently invited to present at the Schools: Make or Mend? event for the Architects’ Journal at Nicolas Hare Architects’ offices in Islington.
Bringing together over 50 people from across the industry, the panel discussed whether it is better to retrofit or create new build schools.
- 03/01/2013 Hoare Lea Voted Amongst Top Building Services Engineers by Architects
We are pleased to announce that Hoare Lea has once again been voted one of the top building services engineers to work with (ranking joint fifth) in this year’s World Architecture 100 supplement, compiled by Building Design Magazine.
- 18/12/2012 Hoare Lea Appoints New Partner: Richard Brown
Hoare Lea announces that Richard Brown, BEng (Hons) CEng MEI MCIBSE, has accepted an invitation to join the Partnership.
- 13/12/2012 150th Anniversary Event in Birmingham
Back in September, we began our 150th regional events with a drinks reception hosted by our Birmingham office. Both staff and a selection of clients and colleagues were invited to the iconic Cube in Birmingham.
- 07/12/2012 Hoare Lea’s London Office Relocating to King’s Cross
From 2 January 2013, our London office will be located at The Western Transit Shed, within the new King’s Cross Development.
- 23/11/2012 Hoare Lea celebrates 150th anniversary at Goldsmiths’ Hall, London
Hoare Lea celebrated the firm’s 150th anniversary with a reception at Goldsmiths’ Hall, London on Monday 19th November. More than 500 guests from the property and construction industries, including Hoare Lea staff, clients and colleagues, attended the event.
- 15/11/2012 Hoare Lea to Chair the New CIBSE Homes for the Future Group
Ashley Bateson, Hoare Lea Partner and Head of Sustainability, has been appointed to chair the new CIBSE Homes for the Future Group.
- 19/10/2012 New website for Hoare Lea Acoustics
A new, interactive website has been recently launched for Hoare Lea’s Acoustics group. The site is designed to showcase the latest information and updates on the group and includes a selection of their most innovative and impressive projects.
- 20/07/2012 Hackney Marshes wins at New London Awards 2012
The Hackney Marshes Centre, London has won the Sport and Play category at The New London Awards 2012...
- 06/07/2012 Hoare Lea Appoints New Partner - Mark Wilkinson
Hoare Lea is pleased to announce that Mark Wilkinson, BEng (Hons) CEng MIET, has accepted an invitation to join the Partnership.
- 28/06/2012 Hoare Lea wins Professional Firm of the Year Award
We are pleased to announce that Hoare Lea has won the ‘John Laurence Award for Professional Firm of the Year’ award at the Michelmores and Western Morning News Commercial Property Awards..
- 28/06/2012 Hoare Lea projects win RIBA Awards 2012
A whopping seven Hoare Lea projects won at this year’s National and Regional RIBA Awards...
- 06/06/2012 Hoare Lea appoints New Partner - Richard Evans
Hoare Lea is pleased to announce that Richard Evans, BEng (Hons) CEng MCIBSE, has accepted an invitation to join the Partnership.
- 31/05/2012 Hoare Lea announces sustainability seminar with GORD
‘Sustainable Stadium Designs and the QSAS Approach’
Saturday 2 June 2012 at the Qatar National Convention Centre
- 25/05/2012 Hoare Lea wins at ACE Engineering Excellence Awards 2012
The Gladstone Link, Bodleian Library, Oxford University has won the Building Services (Medium Firm) category at the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE) Engineering Excellence Awards 2012...
- 11/05/2012 Hoare Lea projects scoop three South West BCO Awards
Three Hoare Lea projects were announced as winners at the BCO South West, Thames Valley and South Wales Regional Awards on Thursday 10 May...
- 11/05/2012 Hoare Lea provides consultancy services for The Ashmolean Museum
Hoare Lea has provided mechanical, electrical and public health (MEP) consultancy services to a £5 million redevelopment of the Ashmolean Museum in Oxford...
- 01/04/2012 Hoare Lea opens office in Qatar
Hoare Lea announces the opening of a permanent office in Qatar. The office is located next to Doha International Airport at Al Sharif Tower, Al Mana Intersection, Doha...
- 30/03/2012 Hoare Lea appointed to The International Quarter, Stratford City, London
Hoare Lea has been appointed by Lend Lease and London & Continental Railways (LCR) as one of the seven top engineering consultants to join the design panel for The International Quarter (TIQ)...
- 27/03/2012 LICA wins BREEAM Higher Education Award 2012
The Lancaster Institute for the Contemporary Arts (LICA) has won the Higher Education award at the BREEAM Awards 2012...
- 21/03/2012 Looking for a challenge? New vacancies
Looking for a new challenge? We have vacancies for mechanical and electrical engineers of all levels...
- 05/03/2012 Hoare Lea Lighting announces seminar with GORD
Hoare Lea Lighting announces seminar with GORD on Saturday 17 March 2012 at the Qatar National Convention Centre
- 03/02/2012 BBC News – A look at the 2012 Olympic Village apartments
BBC news clip shows a sneak peek around the new OlympicVillage...
- 20/12/2011 Hoare Lea Voted Amongst Top Service Engineers by Architects
Hoare Lea has been ranked in the top five Service Engineers category in Building Design's World Architecture 100 supplement.
- 20/12/2011 Hoare Lea wins Department of Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology
Hoare Lea has been appointed to the new Department of Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology (CEB) research and teaching building at the University of Cambridge...
- 18/11/2011 London Office moves to King’s Cross
Hoare Lea’s London office has recently secured new premises at the new King’s Cross development in Central London...
- 10/11/2011 Sheldonian Theatre Wins Top Award
The University of Oxford’s Sheldonian Theatre triumphed at the Oxford Preservation Awards...
- 10/11/2011 Nick Cullen re-elected to BSRIA Council
We are pleased to announce that Nick Cullen has been re-elected to the BSRIA...
- 09/11/2011 One New Change wins LABC Award
One New Change was the Supreme Winner of the LABC (Local Authority Building Control) Awards 2011 at a prestigious ceremony...
- 02/11/2011 Hoare Lea starts its search for the UK’s finest graduates
Hoare Lea has launched its 2012 Graduate and Placement Campaign in a search for the next intake of future engineering talent.
- 24/10/2011 Hoare Lea Appoints New Partner - Matthew Warner
Hoare Lea is pleased to announce that Matthew Warner, BEng (Hons) CEng MCIBSE MIET, has accepted an invitation to join the Partnership...
- 10/10/2011 A fifth award for Ceredigion offices
The Ceredigion County Council Offices has won yet another award...
- 21/09/2011 Somerville College accommodation officially opens
New student accommodation for the University of Oxford’s historic Somerville College officially opened on Saturday 17 September...
- 15/08/2011 New website for Hoare Lea Lighting
A new, interactive website has been launched for Hoare Lea’s Lighting group...
- 09/08/2011 Mills Bakery wins Conservation Award
Mills Bakery, a Grade I listed building and home to our Plymouth office, has won the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) South West Award 2011 for Best Building Conservation scheme...
- 09/08/2011 Groundbreaking ceremony marks construction of Maths Institute
A ‘groundbreaking’ ceremony was held on 2 August to officially mark the start of construction on the Mathematical Institute at the University of Oxford...
- 04/08/2011 First Solar Farm for Hoare Lea
Hoare Lea has completed work on its first photovoltaic solar farm project. The £1.7 million farm located in Somerton, Somerset comprises 3,320 solar panels over 2.5 acres and can generate 700kW of electricity.
- 21/07/2011 BREEAM Courts Award for Port Talbot Justice Centre
The BREEAM 'Excellent' rated Port Talbot Justice Centre has been awarded the BREEAM Courts Award at the BREEAM Wales Awards 2011...
- 15/07/2011 Lancaster Institute for the Contemporary Arts (LICA) receives BREEAM Outstanding
Lancaster Institute for the Contemporary Arts (LICA) has become the first higher education building to receive a rating of ‘Outstanding’ from the environmental performance measure BREEAM...
- 13/07/2011 One New Change wins at inaugural New London Awards
One New Change was announced the winner of the ‘Shopping - Built’ category at the first ever New London Awards...
- 04/07/2011 Hoare Lea Appoints New Partner - Saul Tyler
Hoare Lea announces that Saul Tyler has accepted an invitation to join the Partnership...
- 01/07/2011 One New Change wins Green Apple Award
Land Securities’ mixed-use scheme, One New Change, has won a Green Apple Award for the Built Environment...
- 28/06/2011 JCB Academy wins BCSE Award
The £22 million pound JCB Academy has been awarded a BCSE (British Council for School Environments) award for 'Excellence in Design for Teaching and Learning'...
- 23/06/2011 Sustainability Award for Oxford’s Earth Sciences Building
The University of Oxford’s Earth Sciences building has won the Sustainability and Community Benefit Award at the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) Thames Valley Engineering Excellence Awards 2011...
- 16/06/2011 Lifeboat station receives highest honour at ICE South Awards
The RNLI Bembridge Lifeboat Station on the Isle of Wight was named Overall winner at The Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) South Engineering Excellence Awards 2011...
- 13/06/2011 Manchester Success at MSA Design Awards
Gateway House won the ‘Unbuilt Scheme’ award at the recent Manchester Society of Architects (MSA) Design Awards...
- 27/05/2011 Hoare Lea projects scoop six BCO Awards
Six Hoare Lea projects have won awards at the BCO Awards 2011...
- 27/05/2011 Hoare Lea projects win at the RIBA and the LDSA Awards 2011
The Charles Carter Building at Lancaster University, London’s One New Change and ExCel Phase 2 all won at the RIBA Awards and LDSA Awards held on the 19 May 2011.
- 27/05/2011 Celebrating the best of the west
Two Hoare Lea Plymouth projects have won awards at the Michelmores and Western Morning News Commercial Property Awards...
- 17/05/2011 Plymouth celebrates new office opening…..
On 12 May 2011, Hoare Lea Plymouth played host to over 120 guests, invited to celebrate the grand opening of their new workplace at Mills Bakery in the Royal William Yard...
- 10/03/2011 Hoare Lea authors BCO guide: Good Practice in the Selection of Construction Materials
The new British Council for Offices (BCO) guide entitled Good Practice in the Selection of Construction Materials will be launched at the BCO’s Construction Conundrum event to be held at the offices...
- 08/03/2011 Nick Cullen appointed to BRAC for a second three-year term
Nick Cullen, Research and Development Partner, Hoare Lea, has been appointed to the Building Regulations Advisory Committee (BRAC) for a second three-year term...
- 04/03/2011 ‘Beyond BREEAM’ – Hoare Lea helps Newcastle-under-Lyme College achieve BREEAM Excellent
The Skills and Technology Centre at Newcastle-under-Lyme College won the 'BREEAM Further Education' award at the BREEAM Awards 2011 at Ecobuild, London on 2 March...
- 14/02/2011 Hoare Lea wins at the CIBSE Building Performance Awards 2011
Hoare Lea won the ‘Integrated Project Team of the Year’ category at the CIBSE Building Performance Awards 2011...
- 28/01/2011 Climate Change Minister Visits One New Change
The Climate Change Minister, Greg Barker, visited the world’s most advanced renewable energy heating system, at Land Securities’ new shopping destination, One New Change, on Thursday 20 January...
- 26/01/2011 The Hoare Lea Birmingham office moves
The Hoare Lea Birmingham office has moved to a new location at Fifty4 Hagley Road, Birmingham...
- 25/01/2011 Hoare Lea moves to new Plymouth office
Hoare Lea’s Plymouth office has moved to new premises at Mills Bakery, Royal William Yard...
- 15/12/2010 Hoare Lea appoints new Partner - Matt Jones
Hoare Lea announces that Matt Jones has accepted an invitation to join the Partnership...
- 02/11/2010 One New Change Opens
One New Change, the City of London’s largest and newest shopping destination, opened on Thursday 28 October. Designed by internationally-renowned Pritzker Prize-winning architect Jean Nouvel, with Sidell Gibson as delivery architects.
- 22/10/2010 500 Brook Drive wins again!
500 Brook Drive beat off competition from six outstanding office buildings from across the UK to win the ‘Best Development Outside London’ category at Property Week’s Offices Awards...
- 15/10/2010 Bristol Heart Institute beats the competition at the RIBA awards
The Bristol Heart Institute is crowned with both the Ibstock Premier award and the public sector award at the RIBA South West Town and Country Planning Awards on 12 October 2010.